Sunday, June 14, 2009

Brown Swiss headquarters

available for sale 9x12 oil on panel $200 framed $100 unframed When I was driving around Beloit, looking for places to paint, this building caught my eye because it looked like an old boathouse from my childhood at my Grandparents cabin. Getting to the edge of the river to paint this painting took me through a maze of warehouses and no trespassing signs. I found an employee at the Box Company to ask permission to paint this scene. When I was done, everyone had gone home and there was a huge metal gate across the exit. My Mother would have fainted if she knew I was in an industrial park by myself at 8:00 at night. The gate opened as I approached, as the employee had promised, and I was really, really glad it did. This painting can be purchased at the Villager Art Gallery in Beloit until the end of July. 608-365-6007

No comments: